Parks and Recreation Department of Pawnee Indiana + Roles
Nightwing: The Series Teaser (x)
DINNER IS COMING. (Part 2)
NASA’s Kepler Telescope Discovers First Earth-Size Planet in ‘Habitable Zone’
- Kepler-186f is 1.1 times the size of Earth.
- Due to its size and location, it’s likely to be rocky. It’s (probably) not some gaseous ball.
- It’s 500 lightyears away from Earth.
- Scientists hypothesize it is at least several billion years old.
- Its years are 130 days long and it gets one-third the energy from its star that Earth gets from the sun. So it’s chilly. On the chilliest end of the habitable zone.
- At noon on Kepler-186f, its sun would be about as bright as ours is an hour before sunset.
- It has four brother planets, though none of them are habitable. They fly around their sun once every four, seven, 13 and 22 days, so they are way too close and too hot for life.